This month's Mindful Moment is one of my favorite calming activities. It is a great way to teach children about the power of their breath because you don't need anything other than your hands, it is quick, easy to remember and it works!
1. Hold up your left hand so the palm is facing you.
2. Get your pointing finger ready on your right hand.
3. As you slowly breathe in through your nose, slowly slide your finger up the side of your thumb.
4. Slowly breath out as you slide your finger down the other side.
5. Continue for each finger, breathing in slowly as you slide up and out as you slide down until you have finished tracing your hand.