It might look easy, but there is quite a lot going on with Stick (staff) Pose.
1. Sit on your 'sitting bones' with a tall, straight back.
2. Stretch your legs out straight in front of you. Keep them glued together,
2. Bring your hands to the floor by your hips, pulling your shoulders back and down.
3. Point your toes up to the sky.
4. Hold the pose for at least 3 power breaths.
Yes / No game -
This is a great way to encourage children to hold stick pose for a longer length of time. Take it in turns to ask a closed question. The children should answer using their feet only! If the answer is yes point your toes to the sky and if it is no point them to the ground.
Move it! -
Pretend to drive a vehicle by using your hands to mimic turning the key and holding the steering wheel, before shuffling forward keeping your legs stretched out in front of you.
Strengthens back muscles.
Stretches chest and shoulders.