Practise a Pose: Down Dog
Toddlers will often naturally move into Down Dog. It is a fabulous whole body stretch. I wonder what type of dog you will be?
1. Come onto all fours. Hands under shoulders, knees under hips.
2. Tuck your toes under, breathe in and send your hips up.
3. Breathe out as you flatten your back, straighten your legs and bring your heels towards the ground.
4. Look at your toes as you make an upside down V shape.
5. Continue to stretch deeper into the pose as you take 5 Power Breaths.
Pretend to wag your tail! -
Glue your hands and one foot on the ground as you lift one leg into the air. Shake your leg and bark!
Pretend to take your dog for a walk! -
Same as above, but this time keep your leg in the air straight, like a dog's lead. I wonder, can you walk forward?
Strengthens arms and legs
Energises the body